Blog > Three boxes of Byron Bay Cookies to giveaway!
Three Boxes of Byron Bay Cookies to Giveaway!
By Jo /
The lovely people at Byron Bay Cookies have kindly donated a selection of cookies for us to put to the test! Even more generously - they are donating a mixed box of cookies to not just one but to *three* very lucky competition winners!
In the UK all Byron Bay cookies are approved by The Vegetarian Society. They therefore contain free range eggs and the Smartie-like sweets on the famous Dotty cookies are cochineal and gelatine free. In 2009, Byron Bay Cookies won the coveted Vegetarian Society Award for ‘Best Vegetarian Society Approved Snack or Confectionary Product’! Byron Bay also produce gluten-free cookies which have been approved by the Coeliac Society and display the Cross Grain symbol.
Byron Bay cookies are available in cafes and fine food stores throughout the UK, including department stores Harrods, Harvey Nichols & Selfridges. If you want to keep up to date with the latest Byron Bay Cookie news, you can follow them on Twitter @ByronBayCookie.
It was a difficult job, but someone had to do it! 😉
We were given a mixed selection of cookies, which are individually reviewed below. Two of us sampled each cookie, and the review is based on our average score. If you disagree with us, you are more than welcome to give your view in the comments section below! Overall, we thought that the cookies tasted great, and we were really impressed by the wide selection of flavours.
- Triple Choc Fudge: Lovely texture chocolate cookie with white and dark chocolate chips and fudge pieces 10/10
- Citrus Lemon butterbursts: Nice lemon flavour, great texture, buttery, tasted like shortbread 10/10
- Dotty milk choc chunk cookie covered in dotty choc drops: Tasty cookie with yummy smartie-like sweets on top. 9/10
- Milk Choc Chunk: Light and melt in the mouth with tasty milk chocolate pieces. 9/10
- Passionfruit butterbursts: Unusual flavour for a cookie, great texture and buttery taste. 8/10
- White Choc Chunk & Macadamia nut: Nice vanilla flavour, texture similar to shortbread, good nut to biscuit ratio. 8/10
- Gluten Free Dotty triple chocolate cookie covered in dotty choc drops: Tasty chocolate cookie with white chocolate and plain chocolate chips. 8/10
- Gluten Free Choc Hazelnut: Perfectly-sized pieces of nut, strong chocolate flavour, good texture. 8/10
- Lemon Macadamia Nut Shortbread: Melt in the mouth, nice lemon flavour, small nut pieces. 8/10
- Sticky Date & Ginger with Walnut: Soft and moist, and the flavour reminds me of mince pies! 7/10
- Gluten Free Dark Choc Orange: Strong orange flavour and aroma, powdery texture, chocolate chips. 6/10
- Cranberry & white chocolate chunk: Dense, fruity and oaty, with a slight orange flavour. 5/10
- Banoffee Pie: Slightly artificial banana flavour, with hard pieces of dried banana, and small pieces of toffee. 5/10
- Fig and Pecan: This reduced fat cookie was chewy, slightly gritty, very fruity and only a little nutty. 4/10
We have one mixed box of Byron Bay cookies to giveaway to THREE lucky winners! If you want to be in with a chance of wining - answer the following question, leaving your answer as a comment on this post:
What is your favourite Vegetarian Society approved product (not including Byron Bay Cookies)? If you’re struggling to remember which products are Vegetarian Society approved - check out the full list, found on the Vegsoc Approved Website.
The competition closes at midday on Tuesday 25th January. The lucky winners (drawn at random) will be notified the following day.
Note - your comment may take a while to appear, since I moderate all first posts. 🙂 If you make a comment which does not answer the competition question, you will not be entered into the draw. The competition is open to UK entries only. Only one entry per household please! Winners will be contacted via email. If a winner fails to respond within 48 hrs, their prize will be forfeited and a new winner will be drawn.
Good Luck - and thanks for entering! 🙂
THE COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED - Thanks to everyone who entered!