This is very easy to prepare and is one of my husband’s favourite meals. He says that he would happily eat this everyday!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 packet of Ainsley Harriott Spice Sensation Cous Cous or 100g plain cous cous prepared with vegetable stock according to the instructions on the packet.
- Selection of vegetables suitable for roasting - e.g. butternut squash, sweet potato, parsnip, onion.
- 2 Quorn Southern Fried Burgers or similar (optional)
- 1 tbsp of cooking oil (Vegetable oil or Olive oil)
- Preheat the oven to 200 decgrees C.
- Chop up the vegetables into bite sized pieces and put in a large bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp of cooking oil (rapeseed oil is good for roasting) and mix until all the pieces are coated in oil.
- Put the vegetables in the oven for 40 to 50 minutes, turning occasionally. Remember if you're using softer vegetables such as courgette and tomato, then add them half way through, as they will take less time to roast.
- Meanwhile cook the Quorn burgers and cous cous according to the instructions on the packets, ensuring they're ready at the same time as the vegetables.
- When everything is cooked, mix it all together and serve!
- Quorn burgers can be missed out, or substituted for other types of veggie burger, Quorn chicken-style pieces, grated cheese, pan-fried halloumi, tofu or anything else you can think of! 😉