This cake is a family favourite in my household! It’s delicious and very easy to make.
All you need is a 2lb loaf tin and the ingredients listed below.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 60 g (2 oz) Margarine
- 120 g (4 oz) Soft brown sugar (although I often use castor sugar)
- 150 g (5 oz) Self-raising flour
- Tip of teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1 egg
- 100g (3.5 oz) of chocolate roughly chopped into small chunks
- 2-3 tbsp milk
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4 (180 degrees C) and grease or line a 2 lb loaf tin.
- Mix together everything apart from the chocolate and the milk.
- Then mix in the chocolate.
- Stir in enough milk to make the mixture drop in consistency.
- Transfer to a 2lb loaf tin. Bake for 50-60 mins in a conventional oven or 40-50 mins in a fan oven.
- Cool a little in the tin before turning out onto a wire rack.
- If you want to have lots of chocolate chips clearly visible on top of the cake once it has baked, reserve some to scatter on top of the mixture (in the loaf tin) just before transferring it to the oven.