Ever wondered how to make the perfect smoothie? Since receiving my smoothie maker as a wedding present last year, I have experimented with lots of different recipes, and so far this one is my favourite. 🙂
If you don’t already have a smoothie maker, I can highly recommend the Kenwood Smoothie 2GO. It’s really easy to clean compared to other blender’s I’ve used, it’s a neat size (500 ml) and the smoothie can be stored in the blender cup after blending (the machine comes with 2 x 500ml cups with lids). I must have used mine well over 100 times, and it’s still going strong!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 small banana (soft, very ripe bananas are best)
- 4 chunks (about 1.5 cm cubes) of frozen mango - frozen isn't essential, but it does make the smoothie nice and icy cold)
- 3 tablespoons of yoghurt (natural, vanilla, banana, or mango work best)
- 150 ml Copella apple juice (or equivalent)
- 50 ml water
- Combine all the ingredients and blend until smooth. We find it's best if you blend until smooth, then blend a little longer. Just to make sure.
- You can experiment with the fruit juice flavours using whatever you like, or have to hand.
- The yoghurt can be swapped for a vegan alternative.
- For extra indulgence you could swap the yoghurt for an ice cream or other frozen product.